When to Buy a New Furnace
Purchasing a brand-new furnace can be a costly investment. We at Mitchell Heating are experts in helping you determine if you need one, and your best options for acquiring and installing a new furnace. Here are a few tips from us to help you determine if a new furnace is right for your home.
- Furnace age: The average life of a furnace lasts between 12-17 years. After 15 years, furnaces have an increased risk of dying so if your furnace is getting to that age, it might be time to start considering some new furnaces with Mitchell Heating.
- High energy bills: Furnaces may not work efficiently as they get more operation out of them, and if they aren’t checked out frequently, they may also lose productivity.
- Spotty heating: Systems must be shut properly to avoid leaks and make sure they are consistent in heating your home. If your ductwork isn’t shut correctly or the furnace is unable for repair, a new furnace with new ductwork will definitely keep your home warm.
- Indoor air quality: Older ductwork can be packed with dust, mold, or mildew after years of use. If you observe that the quality of your indoor air is bad or that members of your family are struggling with allergens, furnace replacement might be required.
Benefits of Installing a New Furnace
There are many benefits of purchasing a new furnace! While the project may seem daunting, relax as our technicians quickly and efficiently install your new furnace for you to enjoy. New furnaces offer:
- Quieter operation: relax in peace as rumbling and clanking of your furnace is a thing of the past – new furnaces feature new technology that runs smoother and quieter.
- Better efficiency: newer furnaces can last between 20-25 years, as opposed to older furnaces that lasted roughly 15 years. Longer lifespan increases property value while saving you money on further repairs of an outdated furnace.
- Dependable operation: newer furnaces will need fewer repairs and maintenance, saving you money.
Furnace replacement is painless with Mitchell Heating. We’re happy to help you make the right choice of a new furnace for your home. We take careful consideration into your home type and size as well as your personal needs to determine the best possible fit. Let us help you find the best furnace for you by calling the Washington DC specialists at 202-621-2247 or by setting up an appointment online.