Issues to Consider When Replacing or Repairing Your Furnace
- Spotty Heating: Systems that are incorrectly fastened lead to unreliable heating, therefore decreasing energy efficiency and raising energy bills.
- Loud Noises: When a system is wrongly sized, it can make the furnace run in constant cycling, which can be noisy and can hurt the system in the future.
- Continuous Maintenance: Furnaces may need more consideration the older they get, but there is also a point when extreme maintenance no longer makes sense and replacement may be necessary.
- Energy Expenses: New technologies make today’s furnace systems incredibly energy efficient. If your system is old or slow, a new system replacement can save you more money in the end.
Repair or Replacement?
There is no concrete answer to how long your furnace will last in your home. However, there are a few general industry standards to take into consideration.
- If you are paying around 50% of your furnace’s value in repair costs, it is worth investing in a new furnace
- Furnaces over 12 years old have a significantly higher risk of repeated issues that will cost you more than purchasing a new unit
With this new information, it’s time to think about your course of action. During our services, Mitchell Heating will conduct a thorough inspection, helping you determine if a new furnace is a sound investment. Our experienced technicians are happy to offer suggestions on replacing or repairing your furnace to suit your needs. In most cases, we are well-equipped to conduct repairs on your furnace and return your home to its cozy, warm self. However, in the event that a replacement furnace is needed, we will help you with your investment, knowing that newer furnace technology operates far superior to the past. New furnaces optimally function with increased energy efficiency, produce lower costs and run quieter. Don’t wait for the winter to strike, leaving you and your family without heat. If you believe your furnace needs repairs or a replacement, don’t hesitate to call Mitchel Heating at 202-621-2247 to set up an appointment.
For Service Call 202-621-2247