Is a New Air Conditioner Right for Your Home?
An air conditioning unit in a Washington DC summer is almost imperative. If your system needs replacing, call us for a consultation. When considering if you need a new unit or not, ask yourself these questions:
- Is your system unreliable? Taking time to research other air conditioning systems and how consumers have rated them will ensure you invest in a dependable unit. We are happy to help guide you depending on you and your home’s needs in purchasing as well.
- Is your system louder than you would like? As technology moves forward, so do air conditioners. Newer units run significantly smoother and quieter, allowing you to relax inside for longer periods of time without annoying loud fans ruining your peace.
- Is your HVAC system raising your energy bills? When your air conditioning system isn’t running optimally or is dated, it hurts your energy bills. Investing in a new unit will save you money in the future.
- Do you have comfortable airflow? If you notice inconsistent airflow from your vents, a bigger problem may be behind your walls. Installing a new air conditioning unit ensures an even flow of cool refreshing air.
Investing in Replacing Your Air Conditioner
Our rule of thumb at Mitchell Heating we tell homeowners is that if your repairs add up to over 50% of the cost of your air conditioner, it’s time for a replacement. Replacing your air conditioner not only fixes existing issues, but it creates a more luxurious environment, running cleaner, smoother and saving you on energy bills in the future. Two large factors in helping decide to replace your unit are:
- Age: the regular lifespan for an air conditioner is 10 to 12 years. If you are approaching that amount of consumption from your system or notice inconsistencies and odd noises, replacement might be in your future. Like all appliances, air conditioners advance significantly with advancing technology.
- Filters: every time your air conditioner turns on, it collects dirt and particles that can build up over time. While replacing filters every three months is crucial to preserving your system operates clean and smoothly, eventually, the unit will need full replacement as well.
There are many topics to consider when deciding on replacing your entire air conditioning system. We at Mitchell Heating have been in business for years helping homeowners in the Washington DC area find comfort and relaxation in their homes. Call us at 202-621-2247 to schedule an appointment with us and receive our expert opinion. We look forward to hearing from you!